4.01.2010

Pooky

Well i was thinking of at least waiting a good day or so after starting this thing, let alone after rachel's post, but i have nothing to do right now and i have plenty to write about. whether it's plenty to read about, well, that's up to you i guess.

One time, an old roommate of mine, who i don't mind naming because she probably doesn't even know how to use the internet or what it is, tammy, drove me nuts. wait, that wasn't one time. that was just about every time i came in contact with her, or even thought of her. anyway, one night i was in my room reading or something and my door was shut, as it always is, and i hear her start talking to her stupid little untrained yorkie, pooky, in this very ridiculous voice just outside my door. think baby talk and then amplify that to beyond annoying and there you go. "Oh Pooky, you're so great! I wuv you! You're just the best! Let's see if Luke has some music for us! Should we ask Luke if he'd like to let us listen to some music? Should we? Huh? Yes! Yyyyyyes! Oh Pooky! Yayyy! (she did the yayyy thing more than anything) Let's ask him! Yayyyy Pooky!" and this continues for a little minute or so. just outside my door. keep in mind she still hasn't knocked on my door or directly addressed me asking me what's she's been asking her should-be-dead dog. finally, i get up and open my door, asking her what she wants. almost surprised she says something like, "Oh, Pooky and I were just wondering if we could listen to some of your cds, if that's okay." I say well they're out there in the living room, help yourself.

The thing with tammy is that she could (she's not around any more. thank god) be really repetitive and i never understood why. she would just kind of continue to keep asking me and telling me what she wants or what she's trying to say. so that's what she was doing this one night. which made me go to my cd binder (filled with some two hundred or so cds) and flip through it asking them what they wanted. i told her that i really don't think she will have heard of any of this music. it's not really radio music or anything. and then, quickly thinking, i said oh i don't have any country or rap or anything. then she asked me like four times if i really didn't have any country. not kidding. i said no, none. she made it a point to let me know that that was her favourite type of music. eventually i put on some m. ward. easy, acoustic, i don't know. she said she liked it. probably first good music she's ever heard. and then she started telling me that she had a boom box but that the batteries were dead and i said well don't you have a cord, and i don't recall ever getting a real answer from her. and then she started telling me about her life and that's another story.

Now, in describing this woman, it's probably easy for you to think that she was retarded (sorry. mentally ...whatever. face it, there's no polite terminology). i'm pretty sure she wasn't. but she definitely made me miserable.

1 comment: