1.03.2011

I'm Serious

First of all, that guy, the one I hate passionately, came into work yesterday, New Years Day. That is how my new year started. With him. Nothing really happened. He was with this lady who is also a great big nuisance whenever she comes in. I should have known they knew each other. They arrived an hour before I got there. My co-worker called me to warn me that they'd be there. They both of course tried to use the Internet and loiter around without buying anything. The lady said "Well I have Noble coffee." Noble coffee is the name of the coffee we brew. It is from a local roasting company / coffee shop here where I live. She eventually bought a tea. He didn't buy anything. They both stayed until we closed early. I didn't do anything. But I gave him as many evil glares as I could muster, which was really quite a few.

Secondly, and lastly, this other lady came in today, the first time I'd seen her, and ordered some tea. No big deal. It's just tea. "But don't put the tea bag in it. I don't want it in the water." I didn't at all understand what she meant by this. We use loose-leaf tea and put them in strainers in pots. I asked her what she meant and she poorly tried rephrasing her request. I just kind of said "okay" and proceeded to make the tea I always do. She saw me and stopped me, saying again, "No don't put the tea bag in it." I replied, "Well, we don't use bags. It's just a pot." She said, "I don't want the tea in it," and then something about the caffeine. I paused, trying to figure her out. You have to do this with (difficult) customers sometimes. You stop and try to think rationally about what they're trying to say. Most of the time, it's easy, and in seconds, you've got it. So I ask her, "Where do you want the tea?" She's getting fed up. Well, she was fed up from the start, I should say. She ends up just taking a cup of hot water and going over to use the computer.

But she totally paid for the tea.



Miserable New Years to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. someone needs to explain to this lady that a cup of tea without the tea in it is, in fact, not tea at all, but rather, a hot cup of water. she paid for boiled water.

    p.s. "shouldn't be living" -- ha!

    ReplyDelete